Teams and Fundraisers

Select A Team:

Donate Login
Edit in profile section

Pharmacy addiction

Created by

Pharmacy addiction

I was addicted to prescription drugs for 10 years. ?I took phentermine, vicodin and xanax on a daily basis. ?I also worked in pharmacy as a technician during my addiction. ?I am 1 year clean and have retired myself from working in a pharmacy setting. ?I chose to quit because I felt if I continued I would soon lose my family and lose myself. ?I was also abusing alcohol with these drugs. ?I would fall asleep at the dinner table while eating, I have fell on concrete and landed on my face several times. ?I was very arguementative with my loved ones and was not giving my children the attention they deserve from their mother. ?Along with this addiction I was also stealing from the pharmacy and felt that after 20 years my luck was running out. ?I felt I was on a roller coaster and that coaster was gonna fall off the tracks soon if I continued this behavior. ?I feel so much better now and can function. ?I have trouble remembering the past but figure its better to concentrate on the now and the future. ?Prescription drugs are dangerous and too easy of an escape for the public. ?These drugs need to be monitored more closely within the pharmacy and it should not be a piece of cake to get these drugs. ?These drugs if abused can send you to a very deep and dark place and numb your whole mind in making the right choices in your life. ?I am grateful that I am even alive and healthy. ?Never want to ride that ride again.


This Story of Hope was created in celebration of recovery and to let families know that there are pathways to hope and healing. The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids is the only nonprofit organization dedicated to helping families who are struggling with their son or daughter's substance use. Please consider sharing this page so that families know where to turn to for help, and that there is always hope.

Guest Book

Comments

1. Anon
Hello -- my young husband was in the same situation. He overdosed while working as a pharmacy technician. Best wishes to you and your family.