Drug this person used or died from: Heroin
My boyfriend was precious, he was my sunshine. He died in my arms on his 22nd birthday from an overdose of heroin. The bathroom was all bloody when I came in and found him lying there and hardly breathing. I started screaming and called 911. I took him in my arms and started to tell him some jokes. He opened his eyes and he told me, "Leah, I love you." Then he stopped breathing and died.
I started screaming and crying. When the ambulance came they just said that they couldn't do anything. He left this world leaving a sad mother, a father with cancer, and me, his pregnant girlfriend.
We brought into this world a wonderful girl named Annabelle. She is 1 ½ years old now, and my son, Jarad, is now 7. Jared is always crying, because he misses you so much, Annabelle is sad because Jared talks to her about you. I am sad and your parents are so sad. I can't describe to you how sad the people you left are. All the DJs in the Coliseum are sad too. Mickey the Mouse, you left so much sadness in this world, was it worth it for a minute of being high? I did not have the chance to answer you when you died, and I love you.
Your kids, family and friends
Partners for Hope raise critical funds on behalf Partnership to End Addiction – the nation’s leading organization dedicated to addiction prevention, treatment and recovery. Every dollar raised on behalf of the Partnership* will help ensure free, personalized family support resources, including our national helpline, peer-to-peer parent coaching, customized online tools and community education programs, can reach those who need them most. Please consider donating to this fundraiser and sharing this page.
*Donations made to Partnership to End Addiction are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All contributions are fully tax-deductible, as no goods or services are provided in consideration in whole, or in part, of any contribution to this nonprofit organization. EIN: 52-1736502