When Matthew entered the room it was like turning a light on. Unfortunately, his light burned out in January 2002 when he died from an accidental drug overdose of Oxycontin. Matthew never wanted to die -- he just wanted to have fun and keep up with his friends. The lives of Matt's surviving mother, brother and father will never be the same. Within five months of Matt's death, two of Matt's best friends were also found dead of accidental overdoses. One died from an overdose of Oxycontin and the other Methadone.
Partners for Hope raise critical funds on behalf Partnership to End Addiction – the nation’s leading organization dedicated to addiction prevention, treatment and recovery. Every dollar raised on behalf of the Partnership* will help ensure free, personalized family support resources, including our national helpline, peer-to-peer parent coaching, customized online tools and community education programs, can reach those who need them most. Please consider donating to this fundraiser and sharing this page.
*Donations made to Partnership to End Addiction are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All contributions are fully tax-deductible, as no goods or services are provided in consideration in whole, or in part, of any contribution to this nonprofit organization. EIN: 52-1736502