My son Michael passed away at the age of 17 on October 2, 2002. He would be 21 now and he didn't get to celebrate that birthday, not here on earth anyway. A fine young man that attended church, was involved in all church related activities, played baseball from the age of 6, made good grades in school, had to many friends to count and a family that treasured him. One day someone he knew(but not well enough to call a friend) gave him a small white pill and he took it, went to sleep and never woke up again. This killer drug is called "Methadone". He had an autopsy and it was was determined that he had only taken 1 10 mg pillsometime between 4-6pm,went to work, went to see his girlfriend after work, came home at 10:30pm, went to the refigirator to get something to eat, went to his room, called his girlfriend, went to sleep and the next morning when I tried to wake him for school his breathing shallow and his lips wereblue. We called an ambulance and he was takento the emergency room where we were told after they got his heart to beat again that his souls had already gone to Heaven. I wasn't going to have that so he was taken to ICU and a battery of test were performed to see if he had any brain function at all. After 1 1/2 days on life support his organs began to fail and we had no choice but to take him off of life support and break my promise to him . I promised him I would not leave without him and the next thing I knew I was at home without my precious son. There were never any signs or symptoms that Michael was a drug user and we had always talked to our children about the dangers of drug and alcohol. I'm not sure where we went wrong, but now we live everyday desperate to make sure that noother parent has to feel the pain that we do everyday. WE ARE CONNECTED, MY SON AND I,BY AN IVISIBLE CORD NOT SEEN BY THE EYE. A MOTHER AND SON....DEATH CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY! This terrible medication killed my little boy is a prescription medication that is given to patients for migraines, back pain, premenstral cramps and numerous other kinds of pain. It is very inexpensive and drug companies push this because of this reason. A lot ofdoctors need to be more aware of what they are prescribing and the dangers that can cause death.
PLEASE ALWAYS REMEMBER MY BEAUTIFUL SON, THAT I LOVE YOU WITH ALL OF MY HEART AND SOUL AND SOON WE WILL BE JOINED TOGETHER AGAIN.
Partners for Hope raise critical funds on behalf Partnership to End Addiction – the nation’s leading organization dedicated to addiction prevention, treatment and recovery. Every dollar raised on behalf of the Partnership* will help ensure free, personalized family support resources, including our national helpline, peer-to-peer parent coaching, customized online tools and community education programs, can reach those who need them most. Please consider donating to this fundraiser and sharing this page.
*Donations made to Partnership to End Addiction are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All contributions are fully tax-deductible, as no goods or services are provided in consideration in whole, or in part, of any contribution to this nonprofit organization. EIN: 52-1736502