William Scott Simmons
Scotty struggled with a drug addiction to Methamphetamine AKA Crank, Crystal Meth. Ultimately, he lost his life to the drug.
As long as I have known Scott, he always snorted, and on rare occasions, smoked the drug. But then he had started shooting up and as a result he got a bacterial infection (cellulitis), which he probably thought was just an abscess.
Afraid to go to the hospital, he more then likely tried to treat it himself. When he realized that he couldn't and it was getting worse, he then went to the hospital. He had waited too long. It had turned into staph + necrotizing fasciitis = "The flesh eating disease."
They pumped him full of antibiotics. He lived for seven days, but his body just could not fight the infection. He went into septic shock, then he went into cardiac arrest, and then he died.
Scotty was a wonderful person and loved to be helpful. Here is a link to his story Double Click Here Please take the time to read his story. If Scott's death can reach out and help just one person, then he died not in vain.
Partners for Hope raise critical funds on behalf Partnership to End Addiction – the nation’s leading organization dedicated to addiction prevention, treatment and recovery. Every dollar raised on behalf of the Partnership* will help ensure free, personalized family support resources, including our national helpline, peer-to-peer parent coaching, customized online tools and community education programs, can reach those who need them most. Please consider donating to this fundraiser and sharing this page.
*Donations made to Partnership to End Addiction are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All contributions are fully tax-deductible, as no goods or services are provided in consideration in whole, or in part, of any contribution to this nonprofit organization. EIN: 52-1736502