Hunter Dean Robinson was my youngest son. My baby. Affectionately known as "Bubby". Hunter died of an accidental prescription drug overdose on December 26, 2009.The day after Christmas. Hunter had battled drug abuse for a few years (I believe to deal with a terrible divorce between his father and I). Hunter was one of the most caring, loving and compassionate people that I have ever known and it is my pleasure to saythat God gave me the honor of being his mother. Hunter lived with his father, so a lot of the details about the night of his death is still unknown to me. I do know that Hunter was in the company of adults as well as minors and appearently his friend drove him home and "put him to bed." Hunter's autospy report showed that he overdosed on four different prescription drugs. I am lost. I am numb. I am amazed that adults will do drugs with kids. I am still in shock, because I thought Hunter was over the "hurdle." I feel as if I let my guard down. I want to know why instead of putting my baby to "bed" why not take him to a hospital, or police station? He deserved that much!!! What if he could have been saved? I will never know.
Partners for Hope raise critical funds on behalf Partnership to End Addiction – the nation’s leading organization dedicated to addiction prevention, treatment and recovery. Every dollar raised on behalf of the Partnership* will help ensure free, personalized family support resources, including our national helpline, peer-to-peer parent coaching, customized online tools and community education programs, can reach those who need them most. Please consider donating to this fundraiser and sharing this page.
*Donations made to Partnership to End Addiction are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All contributions are fully tax-deductible, as no goods or services are provided in consideration in whole, or in part, of any contribution to this nonprofit organization. EIN: 52-1736502