Jesse was my first born. He was a strong-willed child. He loved his family and hehad empathy for others. He suffered from chronic daily migraines. I took him to specialists trying to get him relief, unfortunately the only thing that seemed to help him was muscle relaxers and pain killers. He became addicted and visited the ER several times the yearhe overdosed. On October 30, 2005 he came over to my house to help his sisters carve their jack-o-lanterns and roast the seeds -- that's a tradition in my family. He hada latebreakfast and then told me that his head was hurting real bad. He tookhis migraine medicine that he had a Rx for and he said that maybe his allergies were also acting up so he took some OTC benadryl.When I went into the bedroom to check on him, he wasn't breathing.I called 911 and started CPR. Despite my efforts, Jesse died. Anyone who knew Jesse will tell you the same things about him. He had a good heart.
Partners for Hope raise critical funds on behalf Partnership to End Addiction – the nation’s leading organization dedicated to addiction prevention, treatment and recovery. Every dollar raised on behalf of the Partnership* will help ensure free, personalized family support resources, including our national helpline, peer-to-peer parent coaching, customized online tools and community education programs, can reach those who need them most. Please consider donating to this fundraiser and sharing this page.
*Donations made to Partnership to End Addiction are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All contributions are fully tax-deductible, as no goods or services are provided in consideration in whole, or in part, of any contribution to this nonprofit organization. EIN: 52-1736502