Ian Robert Caddell
Ian was the most sensitive person I ever met. From the time he could talk he expressed his concern for others and animals. After his only Brother Chris was murdered in 2009 it was too much for this sensitive boy to handle. He stuffed it all down inside and lived with the pain. When he was in college and 21 he had his wisdom teeth taken out and they prescribed him oxicodone. That was his first realization that opioids could block his grief. At age 23 he first tried using Heroin. God knows we all tried everything in our power to heal his brain but nothing lasted. He was a gentleman, friend to many, held down a job; but he kept his addiction and depression hidden untill on Feb 8th 2020 he succumbed to Fentanyl poisoning and died. I no longer have children and it really hurts and confuses my mind. I do hope he is out of pain...SRC
This Memorial was created to commemorate a loved one's life and to let other families know they can turn to the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids for help when struggling with their son or daughter's substance use. Please consider sharing this page to increase awareness of substance use disorders and to provide hope and healing for others.